Enhance your fundraising team with Philanthropy Massachusetts!
PHILANTHROPY MASSACHUSETTS bridges the nonprofit and grant making communities by providing access to critical research tools, offering the industry standard in fundraising training and professional development, and giving nonprofit organizations authentic access to the funding community. Join us!
Nonprofit Partners Program membership includes:
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Joint Programs – Join with funder and nonprofit peers to learn together and identify ways to strengthen the Massachusetts’ social sector.
- Meet-The-Donors Series – Gain insider knowledge and understanding about grant makers from foundation staff members.
- Core Workshops – Build your fundraising skills and fundraising effectiveness with workshops around the core talents needed for successful fund development.
- Breakthrough Workshops – Strengthen your fundraising talents with workshops to improve your fundraising skills once you already have demonstrated success around fundraising.
- Special Initiatives – Increase both understanding of nonprofit trends and organizational capacity with exclusive opportunities to participate in special workshops and programs all year.
- Cohort and Certificate Programs – Advance your skills and the capacity of your development team by participating in intensive, cohort-based certificate programs.
LEARNING & NETWORKING
- Partners Update Newsletter – Subscribe to an exclusive, monthly newsletter for Nonprofit Partners, highlighting RFPs, events, trends, and other important information for nonprofit staff members.
- Fundraising Fridays – Join nonprofit professionals and volunteer leaders interested in development topics at these monthly informal networking sessions led by industry experts.
- Promotion – Boost your visibility within the grant making and nonprofit communities. More than 450 grant makers in Massachusetts are active members of our network, and more than 425 nonprofits – including hundreds of staff members and key volunteers – are active in the Nonprofit Partner Program.
- Strengthen Relationships – Network in structured and informal settings with nonprofits and grant making community.
ACCESS TO KEY RESOURCES
- Foundation Directory Online – Grow your foundation support with access to a searchable database.
Featuring over 140,000 public and private foundations and corporations.
- Request for Proposal Listings – Maximize your fundraising efforts by accessing a catalog of current and upcoming RFPs, taken from foundations giving throughout Massachusetts.
- Resource Center for Philanthropy – Extend your grants research with Philanthropy Massachusetts’ knowledgeable staff, one-on-one assistance, and access to additional searchable databases like Foundation Directory Online and GuideStar Pro.
- Discounts – receive discount registration and advance notice to Programs, including Meet-the-Donors, Core Workshops, Breakthrough Workshops, and Special Initiatives.
- Coaching – Meet with our research specialist to learn grants research strategies, techniques and tools.
- Philanthropy MA Staff – Access Philanthropy MA staff to support organization and fund development programs.
- Inclusion in the Nonprofit Spotlight – Highlight your organization Philanthropy Massachusetts’ list of 900+ staff members at grantmaking institutions.
Supplemental Coaching Package*
- Customized Grant Research – This service is ideal for those who may not have enough time to conduct searches in the Foundation Directory Online (FDO) or who would like help refining their research efforts. Our research specialist will work with your team to get a sense of your funding needs and conduct searches in the FDO and other databases to find funders that appear to be aligned with the subject matter. We can also help you develop a strategy for approaching your new list of prospects.
- Grant Application Review and Coaching Session – Having a fresh set of expert eyes on a grant application can give you the feedback and confidence to share your story with more foundations and corporations. With this new service, your team will receive a grant writing toolkit and then candid, customized advice on one proposal, addressing its alignment with the grantmaker’s guidelines, phrasing, clarity of the presentation, and use of key data to make the case. Our highly experienced coach, who is fluent in the language of grants, will review the proposal and then meet with your team for a 60-minute virtual one-on-one session to discuss the findings. This interactive approach can strengthen the proposal and position your organization to be at its best competitive advantage to secure funding.
PARTNER RATE SLIDING SCALE
Enrollment is renewed on an annual basis, on the date of enrollment. Philanthropy Massachusetts’ partnership rates are based on the annual budget of participating organizations.
|$100,000 - $499,999||$175|
|$500,000 - $1,999,999||$300|
Consultants: Individuals working with two or more nonprofit organizations
|*Supplemental Coaching Package: Customized Grants Research & Grant Application Coaching Session||$300