Philanthropy MA serves as a fiscal sponsor for a number of funders throughout the region.
The intent of fiscal sponsorship is to provide a 501(c)(3) charitable tax exempt status for the benefit of incorporated and unincorporated entities operating for charitable purposes. All programs and related activities must have alignment with Philanthropy MA’s mission, which is to promote the practice and expansion of effective and responsible philanthropy to improve the health and vitality of its region.
Philanthropy MA Services include:
- handling accounts receivable and deposits
- handling accounts payable and check-writing
- providing periodic statements of the account
- handling all state and federal filings
At present, Philanthropy MA is not accepting new fiscal sponsored programs as our program is at capacity. I encourage you to reach out to these resources:
- National Council of Nonprofits has a resource page on fiscal sponsorship including links to other orgs that might be able to help https://www.councilofnonprofits.org/tools-resources/fiscal-sponsorship-additional-resources
- The Fiscal Sponsor Directory https://fiscalsponsordirectory.org
Please check back in the future for openings in our fiscal sponsor program.
For more information, contact Jeff Poulos by email or 617.426.2606 x113.