Building the Capacity of Autism Organizations
A strategic plan can guide your organization, program, or collective impact initiative to new levels of growth and service for children, youth, and adults with Autism. In recognition of this critical opportunity, The Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism is awarding three strategic planning projects using the Civitas Strategies Finding Your North StarTM strategic planning system. The system is designed to help leadership for organizations, programs, and initiatives of all sizes and budgets to create the individualized, actionable plan that will drive impact and further their mission. The Finding Your North Star™ package includes:
- Full access to all 10 Finding Your North Star™ modules;
- The Finding Your North Star™ Guided Strategic Plan report template;
- 12 coaching calls (45-minutes each) with a Civitas Strategies Senior Consultant, to help ensure implementation success;
- Unlimited email support throughout the process;
- Review of the draft plan with plus a one-hour phone call to review the feedback;
- A professionally-formatted final draft of your plan, using our proprietary strategic plan template and up to 4 submitted photos; and
- Access to additional Civitas Strategies tools as appropriate to your organizational needs including: Handling Difficult Conversations, Assessing Your Staffing Needs, and Creating a Board Engagement Plan.
The system can be implemented over three to six months depending upon your planning team’s capacity to meet for sessions.
In order to apply, entrant organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Serve children, youth, or adults with Autism in a significant capacity.
- Possess both the interest and the willingness to engage in a strategic planning process in 2020.
This grant is available to full organizations, specific programs within an organization, or collective impact initiatives involving the partnership of multiple entities.
Individuals may apply on behalf of an organization they work for or are affiliated with, but should ensure buy-in from organizational leadership before completing the application, as their participation is essential to the success of an effective strategic plan.