Community Grassroots Groups Funded
The Clif Bar Family Foundation supports nonprofit grassroots organizations that have the ability to engage local groups, positively impact their communities, and focus most of their resources on useful and positive actions. Grants are provided to organizations throughout the United States, with some emphasis on California. Through the Small Grants Program, the Foundation supports innovative small and mid-sized groups working to protect the Earth’s beauty and bounty, create a healthy food system, increase opportunities for outdoor activity, reduce environmental health hazards, and build stronger communities. Applications are reviewed three times per year; the application deadlines are February 1, June 1, and October 1, annually. Visit the Foundation’s website to learn more about the Small Grants Program and to take the eligibility quiz.
Priority is given to applicants that:
Address our funding priorities from a holistic perspective*
- Protect Earth's beauty and bounty.
- Create a robust, healthy food system.
- Increase opportunities for outdoor activity.
- Reduce environmental health hazards.
- Build stronger communities.
Operate with clearly defined objectives and viable plans to achieve them.
Demonstrate strong community ties and operate at the community level.
Promote positive change through both the projects and their implementation process.
Areas not funded:
- State agencies
- Religious groups
- Seminar, media, or fundraising events (e.g., "Fun Runs") that are not an integral part of a broader program
- Capital construction
- Endowment funds
- Deficit funding
- For national organizations with local chapters, we may fund either the national organization OR a local chapter located nearby our offices.
The next small grants deadline is February 1, 2020 at 11:59PM, EST