Funding for community improvement
Our Community Mission is to provide value to our communities by helping vulnerable families and children access the resources and opportunities they need to build a better future.
At this time, in addition to our support for current national and local nonprofit partners, we are accepting letters of inquiry from nonprofits seeking grant support in the following areas only:
- Basic needs for those in need (food, clothing, and shelter)
- Access to opportunities outside of school that enable school success for at-risk youth (pre-kindergarten to grade 12)
- Workforce readiness training for at-risk youth (ages 16-24)
- Safety from domestic violence (shelter, prevention, and services)
To be considered for a grant, organizations must:
- Be aligned with our missionProvide services within 15 miles of a TJX store, distribution center, or office
- Be a registered 501(c)(3) for at least the past 12 months
- Not have received funding from TJX in the past 12 months
Have a public nondiscrimination policy that states that the organization does not, by policy or practice, discriminate against a person or group on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
TJX does not support:
- Capital campaigns
- Staff salaries
- Third-party giving/foundations
- Political groups/parties or lobbying
- Sponsorships, walks, events, or memberships
- Organizations requiring recipients to accept a specific belief or doctrine to receive services
- General operating funds
Due to the high volume of requests, we will not be able to fund all organizations that fit our giving guidelines and mission. We take our commitment to community very seriously and would like to fulfill all the requests we receive. Unfortunately, we receive many more appeals for support than we are able to satisfy. When an organization is not invited to apply or a request is denied, it is not a reflection of our view of the organization’s value.
TJX reserves the right to make all determinations regarding the organizations and programs that we support.